sexta-feira, março 11, 2005

talvez, talvez, minha parte favorita desse site sobre barrie seja a dedicatória de peter pan, onde ele diz As for myself, I suppose I always knew that I made Peter by rubbing the five of you violently together, as savages with two sticks produce a flame. That is all he is, the spark I got from you.

ou o momento onde ele se pergunta porque transformar toda a gloriosa aventura que eles tiveram juntos nesse pálido volume: Alas, I know what it was, I was losing my grip. One by one as you swung monkey-wise from branch to branch in the wood of make-believe you reached the tree of knowledge.

That was a quarter of a century ago, and I clutch my brows in vain to remember whether it was a last desperate throw to retain the five of you for a little longer, or merely a cold decision to turn you into bread and butter.

...

You had played it until you tired of it, and tossed it in the air and gored it and left it derelict in the mud and went on your way singing other songs; and then I stole back and sewed some of the gory fragments together with a pen-nib.

Nenhum comentário: